Last Few Minutes

 Hey Friends,

I’m sure everyone has had one of those days were time just drags at work especially those last ten minutes. Lately for me, they have been last 8 hours of the work day that have been a drag. When I say lately, it’s been the last two and half years.

 

It’s not as if I have a boring job. Sometimes my job can be dangerous. No, I’m not a cop or work for some top-secret agency, I work for an organization where the most common question is where is the bathroom or the pencil sharpener. It is a public space so anyone is allowed in.  But sometimes we get the sort of riffraff no one wants. The odd thing is the sort of trouble they make are just so stupid. 

For instance, I had two teens come in today and they’re sitting quietly at one of the desks to start off. But then one of the starts vaping and other talking very loud on the phone. They both of course thinks they’re so cute. Especially the boy dressed like a girl. At first, I thought it was a girl until I came up to them.

 He wasn’t the one vaping. He was the one being very precious with his facetime buddy. I told the girl she needed to leave. The boy asked if he had to leave. I said he wasn’t vaping so he could stay. That’s when he decided he’d start facing time some friend was talking like he was doing a Podcast in the middle of the room where no other person existed.

 I could see on the faces of the others around me wishing me to win this fight. This was an easy interaction. But sometimes, they like to fight back. That’s when it get’s ugly.  Like the other one I had few minutes later. I had to kick him out from an infraction he committed few day’s earlier. This one was scary aggressive. I told him he needed to leave that's when he lost it. He was so upset he looked like he was going to knock me out or something. Luckily, he didn’t. He just left complaining all the way out the door.

 You’d think with people like this my days would be exciting. But no, it’s like another place. Just waiting to clock out. 

Friends, I hope you’re having better days than me.

 

Till next time

Cheers.

Comments

  1. Good to see you back here, Janet, but sorry that your job has been both difficult and tedious. I don't understand how some people can do what they do in public, but I think every public place suffers from some people who have no concern for those around them. Hope you soon have some days where the nice people are more noticeable than the difficult ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are a bouncer or security guard. I sure hope you get hazard pay!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts