Nature

 



I have a weird relationship with nature. I like it from a certain distance. I especially like it when it comes right up to my window and I'm sitting in my comfy chair by the window. This was my visitor the other day.  This little guy is very adorable at this moment. I sent this little video to all my friends and family.  And of course all their replies were, "aww. he's so cute."  He is indeed very cute. 

But there are times when nature is not very cute at all. Like when I'm out for a walk and a creepy crawly thing jumps out in my path. Or some giant flying bug is headed right towards me. I wish I weren't so jumpy when it comes to critters. Ironically some of my favorite TV shows are about people exploring the wild. I guess you could say I'm living vicariously through them. 

If I can even get over my fear of creepy crawly things, I would love to explore the jungles of Thailand or Tasmania. Or go on a safari in Africa. Maybe one day I will get over my fear of being eaten alive.  Until then, I'll just have to enjoy nature outside my window. 



Comments

  1. The groundhog is so cute chomping away. However, they are not so cute when they are eating all of my vegetables. :( I don't mind bugs and most critters, but if they can eat me alive or poison me, I am not comfortable. Or let's say, I'm SCARED.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is cute! (or I guess she is cute too, not knowing :) I'm with you, Janet. I like to enjoy nature from afar. We had a baby lizard in our house the other day (we seem to get one in the house every year). I noticed it when I was in the bathroom. I was going to let my husband know but it scurried away so quickly and then I scurried away so quickly away from it lol. It was early in the morning and he was still sleeping so I let him know when he got up. Three days later it was in his bathroom in the shower so he took care of it. But I was glad that it was out of the house :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore and love groundhogs. I had a whole family (generations of families) living under my front porch. We checked each other out on occasion. A couple young ones and their grand-granny and I became very comfortable with each other (hanging around the yard and not running from each other).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts