S is for Silence

 



I love silence. Even as a kid, I love silence which is ironic since I come from a very loud family and extended family. Or maybe that is why I love the silence it is because of my loud family. The family get together and holidays were just deafening to me.

My older brother was the nosiest one. When he was a teenage, he would blast his music and the TV. My parents come from very large families so they are used to the noise.  My father couldn’t stand it when the house was quiet.  When my brothers and I were out at a friends or cousins, he would call us all the time and ask when we’re coming home. He hated being alone in the silence.

But me, I couldn’t wait for everyone to go to sleep so I can sit in the quiet or wake up early and feel like I have to world to myself, even if just for a couple of hours. After I moved out, I loved having my own place where it was also quiet. It was very difficult when my father moved in with me.  The five years he lived with me were very loud. He was going deaf so the TV was always loud.

Now, my mother has moved in with me and she is also going deaf. I guess I should be happy neither of my parents are music people.

Comments

  1. Sorry about ur dad gng deaf.i guess old age does that to all....but being in silence is really a treasure.....escaping confines of home for that is must at times,!:)


    Dropping by from a to z "The Pensive"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too much noise bothers me, too. Or noise for too long even if it's not loud can be too much. Right now the neighbor is running a chipper and that is definitely too much noise, so I've come inside to the quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like quiet, but if it is too quiet then I am not happy about it. I guess I need a little noise.

    --
    Tim Brannan
    The Other Side | The A to Z of Conspiracy Theories

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the silence too. A quiet house with no music or any other sound is "heaven" to me.

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts