G is for Garden

 

My mother loves gardening. It is something she picked up from her father.  She used to tell when she was growing up her father had a huge garden and she would help him in it. They would grow all sorts of things. Various fragrant flowers like jasmines and roses to all sorts of fruits and vegetables.  She loved gardening. She is very good at it too.

When I was growing up, we never lived in a house. We’ve always lived in an apartment. So, no room for garden. But that didn’t stop my mom from growing her plants in pots. We had all sized pots in the apartment.  

Since we always lived in an apartment, I never understood that obsession of hers. Plus, I don’t like getting dirty.  Ironically, I love visiting gardens. I think they are very pretty. I guess I’m saying I don’t want to maintain one.

Now my mother is elderly (or older depending on your view on what’s old), she lives with me. I live in a condo. I like white carpets and pristine walls.  I also want my mother to be happy.  So, I got her this planter shelf. It’s not quit the lush gardens she used to have when she was a kid or the indoor jungles when I was a kid.  We’ll see how many pots this will hold. 






Comments

  1. I like the plantar boxes! I hope your mom will enjoy what goes in them! I have a brown thumb so no plants here but I do hear from others that gardening can be very relaxing :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your plant stand, too. I see the white carpet. Do you have some kind of protection for it under the stand?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts