E is for Easter

I am new to blogging and new to A-Z challenge. When I signed onto the challenge, I didn’t think it was going to be this difficult to think of things to write about. As we are the letter E today, I thought why not write about Easter. I know Easter is not for another week and half but that doesn’t mean I can’t write about it.

 For those who don’t know, Easter is a major celebration in the Christian faith. We believe that our savior Jesus Christ died for our sins and rose to life three days after his death.  

 As I get older, my relationship is Jesus has changed. I grew up in a Christian home. I’ve known ABOUT Jesus all my life but I never actually KNEW Jesus. I’ve never taken the time to read my Bible and spend time talking to Jesus. As I got older, much older, something about this changed. I don’t know if it’s just that I got old.  Some would even say I was born again but I don’t think that’s true either.

 Whatever you call it, Easter now means something much much more. I look back at what I used to be. Things I used to believe. Things I used think were alright. I’m not saying I was some sort of hellion. But my thinking just wasn’t right. I was seduced by the world’s philosophy.

 I’m certainly not saying I’m all perfect now. I still make the same mistakes I used to. But I also know I don’t have to feel bad I’m not perfect because Romans 5:8 tells me, “But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.”

I know I will certainly screw things up badly but because of what Christ did for me on the cross, I am saved from God’s condemnation.

 Happy Easter everyone.


Comments

  1. I found the first year I did the challenge, I signed up like 2 days beforehand on the urging of a fellow blogger friend. I was clueless on what to expect and I did scramble around to figure out what to write about for some of the letters. The second year I came up with a theme and it was easy to write the posts (which I wrote in the month of March). This year I signed up on a whim and had a few letters mapped out but not all. I laid awake this morning to think of something for I and when I finally came up with it, then I easily got J and K. I still have to write next week's letters (I'm written through the letter H though I might change my H). It is a work in progress but its great you took on the challenge especially if you are new to blogging!

    If you accepted Jesus as your Savior then you are considered born again (at least that's my thinking based on teachings I've gotten from churches I've attended). My J is going to be Jesus which I'll be giving my "testimony" on how I came to faith in Jesus :)

    I think we do make some of the same mistakes, but I also think we become more aware of our sins/mistakes and we try our best not to repeat them. For instance, I used to be a terrible liar. I would lie right and left about this or that. Nothing major but still I wasn't telling the truth. After I came to a faith, I realized it was a sin to lie and though I knew Jesus had forgiven me I also knew I wanted to try to model my life to be more like him so I made an effort not to tell so many lies and nowadays I can spot a lie and stop a lie before it comes out of my mouth (for the most part, lol). We are a work in progress this side of eternity :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting back from the A to Z Challenge. I enjoyed reading your blog, Janet. https://suestrifles.wordpress.com/2022/04/07/frankincense-atochallenge/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter, Janet. I think with life experience, we become wiser and view somethings differently than we did when we were younger. I guess you could say that we have many rebirths if you want to think about it in a born again kind of way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was brought up as Catholic, but the knowledge of the abuse within the church took me away from it. I have a belief in the power of good, and that serves me well. I am glad you have your faith and that it gives you comfort. We all need that in these difficult times.

    Debs visiting this year from
    Making Yourself Relationship Ready

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first time joining was in 2016 and I only discovered it two days in, so much scrambling on my part. It was a tough month as I was writing family history stories... but I finished it and it felt very rewarding to have kept up and finished and I now had real stories. From that time I always have a theme. I wrote on Nancy Drew a couple of years ago and I prepared for over 6 months for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so thankful for God's grace!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts