C is for Compliments

 

Lately, I’ve been hearing more and more people saying people are just getting meaner. I guess that is true. Just watch the news. I thought to myself, while I can’t change the world or even the people around me, I can maybe try to brighten someone’s mood with nice complement.  Only problem is I can’t think of anything complementary to say. Wonder if that makes me one of the mean ones.

 

Luckily one of my co-workers is a shopping enthusiast and brings in swag she doesn’t use/need/want. And the other day she brought in a little notepad with compliments already bullet pointed. Score, right! Now I have no excuse to give a complement to those around me and hope to make someone’s day. 



Comments

  1. That looks like a fun pad that I think would fun to use. I wonder if anyone would be offended that you didn't handwrite the compliment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if I would be offended if I got a compliment form like that from someone :) I'm not much for complimenting, though perhaps I should do it more, but I have been known to tell parents they have a beautiful family. Maybe I'll make an effort to try to compliment one person daily. We'll see :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeeed, its important to complement those around us. Give positive strokes as they say. However I think its also important to take complements gracefully! People end up saying 'no no..' or just belittle whatever they have been complemented about. Stopping by via the AtoZ master list. Happy blogging! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what Thumper's mom said, "If you can't something nice, don't say nothin' at all." :)
    I like the compliment pad. Might need one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That little notepad is a hoot!

    Debs visiting this year from
    Making Yourself Relationship Ready

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts