A is for Abs

 Every year, like many people, I make a New Year’s resolution to get in shape.  This year I did something a little different. I set myself some goals. This year, I was going to be a little less lumpy by April because I’m going to a bridal shower. I’m not in too bad of a shape all around. I just need mid-section a little less lumpy. I am a woman of a certain age so it’s become a little harder to lose my “blub blub” as Pinky Patel would say. I did what everyone does and looked online to find the easiest and fastest way to get to my goal without putting in any real work.

 

At the beginning of March, I found Chloe Ting. She has these amazing workout videos on YouTube for whatever body part you need reshaped. Was she promising shredded abs in two weeks? No. But she promised her workouts do work and encourages others to try it and post their results. I watched some of the results videos of her followers. I found one that made me a believer. She was a Mid-Western girl that was probably twice my size. She posted her workout for weeks and at the end, I was amazed.

 

I’m only half the size of Mid-West so I don’t have as far to go. I started my two weeks. Every morning at the same time, I set the timer for ten minutes.  By the third day, Siri had picked up I was doing something for ten minutes and offered to set the timer without me asking.

 

Here I am at the end of three months. Am I shredded? No. I’m still just as lumpy. I kind of stopped doing it after a week. It was really hard. Mid-West made it look so easy. But I’m not giving up. I’m gonna get my abs one day.  

 

For now, my new goal is to at least see the tip of my big toe when I look down by May for the wedding.

 

A is for Abs.

Comments

  1. Aren't Spanx and Skims the solution to lumpy middles? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found all Spanx does is move my lumps around.

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your goal! I bet you can accomplish what you want by next month! I need to work on my abs too. I walk on the treadmill for 35 minutes 5 days a week but I need to tone up my core. Maybe I'll have to look into Chloe Ting and see how she can help me :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your goal! Love the adaptation
    Beth
    https://bethlapinsatozblog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure you can see your big toe when you look down! Just put one foot forward :)
    That would also be the way to continue... one step at a time.
    BTW you already have abs! They just might be protected by some "bubble-wrap"

    -smarty-pants

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lost 35 pounds last year for my son's wedding (sounds worse than it is - I'm tall and can get away with more weight than someone shorter). I gained almost 10 back and am working (not very hard) to get rid of it. I need a good reason to lose it, like a wedding where there will be photos of me taken!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep seeing those encouraging ads, showing the progress made by XYZ. I hate exercise and regularly have to re-start my daily walking habit, which I do as much for good mental health as relief of stiffness. I've eyed up a number of dance routines thinking that'll make it easier. I've yet to sign up. I did lose 20lbs at the start of lockdown as I'd just had knee surgery and needed to walk my ass off to heal. I also switched my main meal to midday rather than the evening. Moving any further forward has proven more challenging. But I don't like myself in photos, so needs must.

    Debs visiting this year from
    Making Yourself Relationship Ready

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts